SEEC has developed an effective approach to competency model development that aligns with your organization’s strategy, values, and key performance drivers. The model reflects the critical competencies required to build your organization’s capabilities and culture to drive continued success. The framework of core competencies serves as the foundation for your organization’s broader talent management strategy, and links to your organization’s processes and practices.
Modeling as an Enabler
A competency model empowers an organization to:
- Translate the organization's vision and goals into expected employee behaviours.
- Identify areas for employee development that are directly linked to desired outcomes and organizational objectives.
- Identify gaps between present skill sets and future requirements.
- Undertake effective succession management efforts to ensure the ongoing viability of the organization.
- Implement more effective and legally defensible recruitment, selection and assessment methods.
Building the Model
Steps to building your competency model:
- Establish a steering committee
- Review existing documentation
- Develop a core leadership competency framework prototype
- Collect feedback and input from the broader senior leadership team and focus groups
- Analyze feedback and assessments from behavioural interviews
- Aggregate consultation data
- Finalize the prototype and approve the core leadership competency framework
Linking Gap Analysis and Leadership Development
SEEC’s training and development initiatives support core competency development and thus drive the strategic business results of the organization. The information that is gathered during the competency development process is leveraged and used as the foundation for the development of customized leadership development design:
- An understanding of your organization’s strategy, goals, and vision
- Your organization’s capabilities, culture, and challenges
- The critical skills needed to drive your future success
SEEC will combine the competency development process with the needs analysis phase of the training design and ultimately develop a leadership program that will excel the leadership transformation process of your high potentials and performers, and senior leaders.
Synergies and Overlaps of Competency Model Development and Program Design
There are many great human resource consultancies that can perform the work of developing a competency model for your organization. SEEC has entered this field because designing a leadership training program for your organization requires an in-depth analysis of competencies that your business requires to drive strategy and results. There are many synergies that overlap program design and competency model development - they both require interviews, analysis and gap analysis. With real world challenges (such as those found in SEEC’s Applied Learning Program), we acquire detailed insight into which of your desired core competencies make the most significant difference in achieving desired results in your market, organization and culture.