Talent Management Support
As your talent management partner, we work with your team to create solutions directly aligned with your strategy, culture and core competencies. Our leadership programs drive mission-critical learning, performance and results that support your organization’s plan and individual talent performance.
Organization Strategy and Culture
To properly support your talent management initiatives, we:
- Understand your organization, context and culture, major functional roles, strategic business drivers, business challenges, and goals.
- Identify the competencies needed to achieve your business results and build a pipeline of the most capable leaders.
- Identify potential issues, gaps, and challenges between your current leadership and emerging leader groups along with key drivers required to move your business forward.
- Conduct a series of stakeholder interviews that seek to understand, and gain multiple perspectives on all these subjects.
- Summarize results, request your feedback, and offer recommendations on the shape, scope, and design of a leadership development program.
SEEC has developed an effective approach to competency model development that aligns with your organization’s strategy, values, and key performance drivers. The model reflects the critical competencies required to build your organization’s capabilities and culture to drive continued success.
For organizations that have an existing competency model, we will design learning solutions that directly address your competency needs and gaps.
In addition to creating leadership development programs, we strive to ensure that the learning (insight and tools) is sustained and employed in the participant’s day-to-day responsibilities. Each participant is encouraged to develop a Personal Develop Action Plan to put these new behaviours into practice.
Most organizations set performance objectives in terms of key milestones and measurement metrics. Where leadership skill is vital, objectives need to be expanded to also include ‘how’ milestones are to be attained. When performance objectives clearly state the expected leadership traits to be developed, the individual has the necessary incentive to complete a leadership course and continue with post-program improvement. We provide coaching to participant’s leaders, along with tools, to develop effective performance objectives, feedback and coaching.
High Potential Leader Identification
Many organizations have a defined process, such as ‘nine box’, to identify high potential candidates for senior leadership positions. Others do not. SEEC faculty and program managers are in a unique position to understand your business drivers, see the high potential talent in action throughout the program, and provide an informed and unbiased opinion on attributes, skills and competencies of participants. While evaluations are not conducted on an individual basis, we offer feedback on trends and competency gaps that contribute to a more accurate assessment leader types the organization requires.
Training and Development
By completing a thorough needs analysis of your organization, our programs address:
- Business drivers and competencies needed to successfully drive results. Cases and applied learning projects are designed to apply directly to your business.
- Competencies your organization’s leaders emerging leaders require.
- Participants’ strengths and weaknesses combined with the encouragement required to create an effective personal development plan for continued growth.
- Post-program activities to encourage learning sustainability and continued application at work.
- Program feedback, to your learning development and senior team members, regarding participant reactions to the program, validity of current skills, and recommendations for further development in preparation for their advancing leadership roles.
Succession Planning and Career Development
To support, or create, an internal succession planning process for your organization, we offer a two day program in Succession Planning.