Benefit from a blended learning approach that includes initiatives such as applied personal analysis, online self-paced learning, live group coaching sessions and personal development action planning.
Prepare for the demands of senior municipal positions and broaden your skills in 12 key areas, including strategic leadership, critical thinking, innovation, employee engagement and managerial excellence. Apply your executive learning to your sponsoring municipality while attending the program.
You’ll explore a paradigm shift in three significant areas: leadership style, strategy and operational performance. Augment your competencies in strategic leadership in high-impact management communications, manage your municipal portfolio through the lens of innovation and process improvement and build a strong executive presence to navigate complex relationships and move your division into the future.
Who Should Attend
This executive program will benefit experienced municipal managers, directors and other administrative officers in Canada tasked with improving the operating performance and strategic direction of their municipalities, as well as provincial government officials who work with municipalities. Participants have included department managers, chief administration officers, chief financial officers, chief librarians, city managers, commissioners, directors, fire chiefs, police chiefs and public health managers.
What you will learn
- Utilizing a blended learning approach this program include initiatives such as applied personal analysis, online self-paced learning, live group coaching sessions and personal development action planning.
- Plan your municipal strategies through the 3 lenses of Self Leadership; Results Leadership & Executive Leadership
- Study the management behaviours of high-performing executives
- Apply systems thinking to achieve organizational improvements
- Develop your strategic planning and implementation capabilities
- Forge strong community partnerships using collaboration techniques
- Improve your personal leadership to prepare for senior advancement
- Align your core values with the values of your municipality
- Implement a Strategic Talent Plan to prepare for the future
- Successfully lead new innovation and change initiatives
- Build your personal influence skills with all levels of government
- Better manage sensitive municipal political issues and stakeholders
- Develop clear goals for your organization’s future