Yellow Belts will understand the Lean Six Sigma philosophy and how to routinely apply this to their job and area of responsibility.
After completing the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training and certification program, participants will be able to explain how Six Sigma and Lean are unique but highly complementary approaches, and when used in concert can deliver breakthrough improvements in any business sector or environment.
The “Six Sigma” component of this course will include an exploration of each phase of Six Sigma’s DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) problem-solving methodology, successful project charters, process mapping, cause and effect tools, as well as process control and understanding process capability.
The addition of Lean – principles and commonly used tools – will complete the Yellow Belt level of knowledge in Lean Six Sigma and will give students the ability to identify process improvement opportunities and apply this segment of the Lean Six Sigma Body of Knowledge to address these opportunities.
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in building knowledge and skills in continuous improvement, applicable to virtually every industry sector and functional responsibility.
What You Will Learn
After completing this Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training and certification program, participants will have a better understanding of the importance of process management and be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts and principles of Lean and Six Sigma
- Write effective problem statements using the Who, What, When, Where, Why, How and How much (5W2H) approach
- Construct Suppliers, Inputs, Process, Outputs, Customers (SIPOC), Process Flow and Spaghetti Maps
- Conduct Cause & Effect workshops and 5 Whys
- Facilitate “root cause analysis” using cause and effect and the 5 Whys approach
- Assess process capability and service levels
- Generate and interpret process statistics
- Employ graphical analysis as investigative tools
- Encourage workplace organization including 5S (Sort, Straighten, Scrub, Standardize, Sustain), visual workplace & standardized work
- Plan, facilitate and execute rapid improvement (“kaizen”) events
- Implement simple process control charts and control plans