The focus of this option is your demonstration of and reflection on the design and delivery of training for adult learners.
Given this focus, you will draw on your learning in all modules. The emphasis will be on your critical evaluation of the results you achieve in areas where you set specific learning objectives for yourself.
Primary Purpose for Selection:
- To practise a particular skill (e.g., facilitation, conflict management, interventions)
- To gather and respond to learner feedback on your design and facilitation
- To prepare for the I4PL facilitation track.
- Evaluation is based on the quality of your reflection in the Practicum report – what you did, how well it worked and what you would do differently next time.
- Your learning will take place regardless of the success of your session and that should be reflected in your report.
- The assessment is Pass, or Incomplete, with an opportunity to resubmit part or all of an incomplete practicum.
- Must include at least four hours of facilitation. This may be comprised of two different two-hour sessions delivered to the same audience, or the same two-hour session delivered twice, to two different audiences.
- Each session should have no fewer than six participants.
- May be “training” or “development” – i.e., could focus on knowledge or attitudes with a longer-term focus.
- Session can be co-designed and/or co-facilitated (maximum of two partners, but you must be equal partners in all aspects of the design and facilitation). You must each prepare and submit an individual proposal and report that includes reflection on the training, and what you learned as a result of the partnership.
** Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation (i.e., Facilitation), Evaluation