Embrace health-sector challenges to deliver better care and lead people more effectively.
The Masters Certificate in Healthcare Management – the first comprehensive certificate program of its kind in Canada – addresses the unique leadership issues facing healthcare professionals, providing tools, techniques, and best practices to effectively lead in the complex world of Ontario’s healthcare sector.
Our program faculty includes leaders in healthcare, business, and academia who will share their insight and knowledge with participants in an integrated and experiential learning environment.
Through this program, today’s healthcare professionals will have an opportunity to examine innovative business models that can be applied to healthcare and acquire new knowledge and skills to enhance their capability to lead in a complex and ever-changing system.
Key Program Take-Aways
- Learn to understand and respond to workplace issues differently to improve results
- Combine core business competencies with healthcare industry leadership skills and knowledge
- Apply best practices from other industries to promote a culture of accountability, innovation and collaboration
- Gain useful tools, techniques, and checklists to take back and apply immediately to facilitate your work and share with peers
- Enhance capabilities to lead and manage in a fast-changing, multi-disciplinary environment
- Develop strategies to manage complexity and promote organizational success
- Build your professional healthcare network
This program has been designed for:
- Professionals in leadership positions in private or public healthcare, including hospitals, CCACs, LHINs, long-term care facilities, etc.
- Individuals seeking to increase their leadership capacity and influence within the system
- Managers, directors, physicians, researcher’s administrators, team leaders, and other senior officials in healthcare organizations
- Any individual seeking to consolidate and certify their leadership and management skills in preparation for career advancement
Unique Program Features
- World-class instruction by accomplished healthcare, business, and academic experts
- Applied learning through an individualized anchoring project that can be used in your workplace immediately
- Respects your busy schedule: one work-day matched with one weekend day demonstrates personal commitment and avoids multiple work absences
- Network with peers from different parts of the healthcare spectrum and share experiences for valuable insights into the whole system
- Learning is practical, interactive and healthcare-sector focused with many take-away tools