Master leadership competencies for managing staff and complex team dynamics in this foundational module
Improving Personal Leadership and Team Dynamics (3 Days)
Using a 360-degree assessment, this session helps you analyze and improve your leadership strengths so you can boost team performance and achieve your goals.
- Essential competencies for personal leadership and municipal management in a changing world
- Creating a climate of trust through staff competency and team development
- Effective communication, including delegation, group facilitation and how to navigate in difficult situations
Teaching tools: MEPS, LSI 1 and Team Challenge Simulation
Coaching and Mentoring for Peak Performance (2 days)
Develop the interpersonal skills needed to successfully leverage the talents of your staff and turn a good team into a great team.
- Increasing knowledge on coaching and mentoring by reviewing the current theory, research and practices in the field
- Practising coaching and being coached using a variety of tools and techniques
- Differentiating between coaching and mentoring with the most effective skills in certain situations
Teaching tool: GROW Instrument