Managing Change, Conflict and Communications: A Manager's Tool Kit
Receive a complete leadership perspective to managing the three Cs with our Professional Action Planner.
Develop an advanced skill-set in change leadership, conflict management and employee communications.
Whether you are a division manager, director or vice-president, the new face of business is changing
many aspects of your day-to-day management. Staff are being reorganized, business strategies are changing and there is an increased sense of urgency to produce
Be more effective in your leadership position with concrete business strategies for managing three key areas: business change initiatives; internal and external conflicts; and effective communication of new business strategies.
The Best Part:
You will be completing a professional action plan on a case study. This will relate the topics discussed to real life situations at work.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for businesses and public sector departments charting a strategic new course. It will give you a clear understanding as to where change and conflict start. It will provide concrete techniques to diminish your staff's fear of the change and reduce the conflict through specific communication techniques. It is perfect for:
- Department VPs, directors and senior managers who are currently responsible for overseeing new change mandates
- Public sector department managers
- Managers, supervisors and project leaders who manage large departments or implement business strategies
- Regional, national and international business managers
- HR, training and employee communications specialists
- Business administration, operations and customer service leaders
- Front-line managers faced with business transition
What You Will Learn
- Learn how change leadership, conflict management and employee communications relate and impact results
- Evaluate your own change leadership style and master conflict resolution and negotiation techniques to handle any business issue
- Improve your communication approach to ensure employees effectively achieve new business goals
- Work through a professional action plan to show how to manage current change challenges in your department or across the organization
You will also master these critical leadership competencies:
- Examine how change is a constant driver. How do you deal with change? How to manage yourself and your employees through change?
- How do you deal with conflict? What and when conflict management techniques work best?
- Become a master communicator during conflict and change.
- Become a more sophisticated manager and change facilitator when faced with highly challenging business issues
Developing Your Capacity to Lead Business Transitions
- Where does change come from and how to manage it
- How do effective leaders tackle change?
- What types of resistance to change can managers expect?
- Successful change leadership approaches
Improving Your Management Scope and Perspective of Change
- Your change-leadership style
- How you personally deal with change?
- How can I help myself?
- How can I help others work through change?
Professional Action Planner: What Needs Changing in your Business Environment – Defining the Benefit
Conflict Management Skills
Identifying How Conflicts Occur
- How conflicts rob your business and erode employee performance
- Conflict resolution fundamentals for leaders
- Sources of conflict in our business and personal life
- Conflict self-assessment: how do I respond to emotional drivers of conflict?
Developing Your Conflict Leadership Approach
- Conflict management styles that highly effective managers use
- How to adapt your style to different situations
- Self-management techniques: how can I help myself work through conflict?
- Employee management: how can I help others work through conflict?
Professional Action Planner: Analyzing a 'Real' Conflict Challenge with Resolutions
How Highly Effective Leaders Communicate
- Communication strategies to improve performance: delegation audit, negotiation techniques, influencing strategies
- Self-assessment of your natural communication style
- Personal exercise: what are my communications strengths and weaknesses?
- How can I help others communicate better with me?
A Complete Learning Approach
- Evaluate your own approaches and attitudes towards change and what to do about them.
- Through a conflict self-assessment, learn how to better handle any type of internal or external conflict.
- Hands-on exercises to teach you management communication techniques.
- Return to work with a management action planner, which can be used for action steps to realize immediate results you are targeting.
Gladys Carroll, PMP
Gladys manages teams with strong leadership ability and a positive and supportive approach. She has facilitated seminars throughout North America, delivering workshops on various aspects of business and technology. She develops and presents training programs that focus on growth through attitude and behaviour modification, while enhancing bottom-line measurable results. Using Action Planners ensures participants take away actual action steps to implement immediately into their own environment.
Gladys is a Certified Trainer of the DiSC ™ Assessment system and the PROFILE ™ personality system for 10 years and has a certificate in Telecommunication Management and e-CRM (Customer Relationship Management). She has her Project Management Professional (PMP) designation, through Project Management Institute.