Advanced Account Management and High Yield Selling
Learn the proven client communication skills and sales development approaches used by high yield sales and marketing executives.
'High yield' account development drives business growth. Learn how to achieve it for outstanding sales results.
This course is a truly innovative guide to what account managers, sales people and executives must do to engage clients, think on their feet, make fast decisions and generate profitable sales.
This program will build your revenues. It illustrates that achieving high yield sales is not mysterious and that anyone can learn to be successful, dynamic and indispensable to their customers.
The Best Part:
Immediately apply the skills you learn in your daily sales and marketing work environments. The selling and account development principles are tried and tested, and highly rated by sales people in demanding environments.
Who Should Attend
If you want to develop powerful, profitable relationships with new and current customers, especially in complex environments, High Yield Selling is ideal for you.
- Sales professionals in complex environments with long selling cycles
- Account managers, marketing and client service managers at the national, regional and territorial levels
- Business owners and business development specialists
- Product managers and managers overseeing complex projects, services and account relationships
What You Will Learn
- What the secrets of high yield sales are and why anyone can learn them
- Clientship© principles – the "magic" relationship that high yield sales people generate
- Master advanced client communications and business presentation techniques
- Structure your account activities to better service each customer transaction
- Control account problems using an advanced client conflict resolution process
- Account leadership skills and behaviours that cement relationships
- Expanding your business relationship into new product and service areas
- The atom of work: how work occurs between a provider and customer in order to generate the Clientship relationship
- How to narrow customer service and potential relationship gaps
- Organize your thoughts and account interactions logically
- Communicate effectively and persuasively during all customer interactions
- Organize your accounts and task structures to maximize productivity
Principles of High Yield Selling
- Strategic behaviour and practices of high yield sales people
- Solving complex client problems
- What is client wisdom and how can you get it?
- Becoming an invaluable part of your customer's operations
Advanced Clientship Strategy
- What are the guiding principles of Clientship
- What would you have to do to get all your clients business?
- What are the elements of the best client relationship you could imagine?
- How poor process can sabotage your relationship
- How to get the Clientship relationship working for your business
The Chunk Outline for Effective Client Interactions
- Your communication style: does it work for every client?
- High yield sales behaviours
- How high yield sales people organize their thoughts
- Using a chunk outline during client interactions
- Being more effective in half the time
The 'Atom' of Work: How to Structure Customer Transactions for Metered Success
- Every transaction has a predictable pattern
- Analyzing your customer's processes and developing a turnkey solution
- How to see problems coming and head them off
- Six ways you may be sabotaging your client relationships due to poor customer alignment
Mastering Verbal Communications
- How high yield sales people speak and get heard
- What is a speech act and why you should care
- Curiosity: the secret weapon for high-yield selling
- Moving from telling to selling
- Verbal styles to achieve business success
Growing Account Sales and Loyalty
- How high yield sales people define customer issues
- Using account service gap analysis
- The six gaps you must identify and bridge to grow customer sales and loyalty
- Hidden challenges in how your customers and prospects define value
- Systematic actions to narrow gaps
Client Conflict Resolution
- Conflicts happen – resolving them elegantly
- How high yield sales people win and resolve disagreements
- Using structured conversations
- The power of summarizing and probing
Selling To Executive Buyers
- How executives make decisions
- The added value you must provide
- Promises that get the sale
- Collaborative selling: a targeted strategy
- How to make collaborative selling work
A Complete Learning Approach
- Build new account sales and strengthen your relationships with all existing clients
- Better “read your customers” and communicate to them in their terms and preferred style
- Apply high yield selling approaches and Clientship tactics to prospect and close new business
Elizabeth-Anne Walker teaches Improving Presentation Effectiveness at the Executive Development Division of the Schulich School of Business, York University. In 2004, she launched two new programs: Advanced Account Management and High Yield Selling; and Battling the Behemoths: Dynamic Management for Canadian Companies.
For 20 years, Elizabeth Walker has directed high-performance teams in complex sales and marketing environments. Her marketing communications clients have included IBM, Apple, Hewlett-Packard, Newbridge and PeopleSoft; consumer products companies Nabisco, Mennen, Nestle, Lipton; and retailers Interhome, EQ3, Friendly's Restaurants, Japan Camera, Source for Sports and General Mills Restaurants. She has worked in Toronto, New York and London England.