New Product Development: The Complete Approach
How to create and successfully market new products and services. Grow your business using a step-by-step new product approach.
Take part in the most successful new product planning course in North America. Over 1000 participants have attended.
Evidence suggests that nine out of ten product ideas fail in the market place. Yet new products and services are essential for your company's growth and survival.
The new product development strategy of a company must be organized and controlled if it is to be effective. This seminar takes the mystery out of your new product development process, and reinforces your learning with an interactive new product exercise.
SEEC Learning Path Program
Enquire as to how this short program or any other regular series short program (2-5 days in duration) can become a Learning Path complimentary program. Call 416.736.5079 and ask to speak to a Senior Education Adviser today.
The Best Part:
Our new product simulation: you will also have an opportunity to test your product development skills by actually launching a competitive new product.
Who Should Attend
This seminar will be of direct benefit to product managers, marketing managers, category managers, advertising managers, market researchers, sales managers and business owners who require an understanding of the new product planning process for their day-to-day management effectiveness.
About This Seminar
New Product Development takes the mystery out of your new product development process. It presents the complete processes of new product development:
- Team selection & dynamics
- Idea generation & screening
- Concept testing
- Business analysis
- Product development strategy
- Factors affecting new product success
- Marketing & commercialization
What You Will Learn
- Develop your complete skill-set to confidently manage new product development activities
- Reduce your product development cycle and quickly gain profitable entry into new markets
- Create winning product concepts using advanced idea generation and screening tools
- Introduce a proven product evaluation system to avoid bad product decisions
- The principle of customer-led innovation
- Positioning concepts applied to new product development
- Strategic frameworks for developing new products
- The principles of product-led innovation
- Using and applying the Stage-Gate model
- Launching a new product (computer simulation)
DAY ONE: Understanding the Fundamental Principles of New Product Development
- New Products and Innovations: What are they?
- Typical Pitfalls in NPD and Innovation Projects
- Branding a New Product, Service or Innovation in the Marketplace for Success
Strategic Issues in New Product and Innovation Planning
- Market Segmentation Issues
- Targeting Issues
- Positioning of your New Products and Services
Determining and Setting New Product Objectives
- Tools to Improve NPD Decision-Making
- Identifying New Opportunities (Products & Markets)
- Establishing NPD Objectives
DAY TWO: The New Product Development Process
NPD Team Selection, Dynamics, Process & Assessment
- The Politics and Process of NPD: Team Selection & Dynamics
- In-process Metrics and Measures during NPD
- Applying NPD Models (Stage-Gate, Iterative, Dynamic)
- Ideation and Project Selection
- Preliminary Assessment and Evaluation of NPD Ideas
Creating and Sustaining Market Successes with NPD
- Making a Business Case for the NPD Project, Product & Outcomes
- Issues in NPD
- Post-NPD Activities and Metrics
- Issues in product development
- Post-development activities and metrics
- Factors for Ensuring Longer Term Success of New Products & Services
DAY THREE: Launching a New Product: Team Simulation Exercise
Simulation Results and Outputs
- Finding Appropriate Target Markets
- Assessing and Reacting to Competitive Marketing Activities
- Tracking NPD Success
- Group Evaluation & Feedback
Managing Your New Products Strategically
- Using NPD Toward Sustainable Competitive Advantages
- Assessing Multiple NPD Strategies
- Evaluating your Organization's 'State of Readiness' for Future NPD
- Establishing Goals for Implementing NPD Processes in Your Organization
- Customizing NPD Strategies for Your Organization, Category, Resource-Level & Competitive Position
A Highly Interactive Learning Format
This program utilizes current cases plus an advanced new product simulation exercise to reinforce your learning of the new product concepts.
Brynn Winegard is a Canadian professor, consultant, speaker and writer. She completed her MBA and PhD at the Schulich School of Business in the areas of marketing and strategy with a specialization in knowledge creation, knowledge management and marketing strategy. Brynn spent over a decade in corporate marketing working with such companies as Pfizer Inc., Nestle Inc., Bank of Montreal, ScotiaBank, CIBC and Johnson & Johnson Inc.