Anyone who listens to the news these days knows about the threat of attacks on data systems from malicious actors, both foreign and domestic.
New vulnerabilities are being discovered and existing ones are being exploited every day. Unfortunately, cybersecurity as practiced by many organizations today is broken – but the pain of a breach that compromises critical business information is avoidable.
Schulich ExecEd has designed a new program, Cybersecurity Essentials for Directors, Officers and General Counsels. This is a unique one-day briefing on cybersecurity for business created to give directors, officers, C-suite executives and general counsels both a foundational understanding and big-picture perspective of the current cyber threats they face. Through a plainspoken and jargon-free discussion, participants will leave equipped with a toolbox full of actionable measures they can implement almost immediately to help stop attacks, mitigate risk and protect their organization.
The briefing will be conducted by George Platsis, CAO of SRI Professionals, a bi-national consultancy focusing on security and resilience measures and Managing Director of GCOR7, an interdisciplinary consultancy advising organizations of emerging threats, risk identification and prevention measures. Platsis also sits on the Board of Directors for the National Defense Foundation in Washington, DC, where he is also director of the research centre. Platsis is also co-director of Schulich ExecEd’s Centre of Excellence in Security, Resilience and Intelligence.
Top Take-Aways from the Briefing
- Oversight duties: Learn to view risk from an enterprise perspective in an era where accountability and fallout costs are surely going to grow.
- Cyber risk: Why it matters and how to wisely spend your limited resources.
- Communication gaps: Cybersecurity is not an IT-only issue, so do not be afraid to speak your mind. Learn which questions you need to ask.
- Response and continuity: Even the best-tested plans can go out the window during a time of crisis. Learn to minimize the fallout.
- What’s to expect in 2018: From the ransomware scare to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into effect, business is becoming more expensive. Learn to save wherever you can.
Who Should Attend
This is an executive level program most appropriate for directors, officers, general counsels and other senior decision makers. It is not intended for technical staff.
For more information on Cybersecurity Essentials for Directors, Officers and General Counsels, visit the program website.