Diversity & Inclusion is No Longer a ‘Someday’ Proposition for OrganizationsPosted on March 11, 2021
Long before lock downs and social unrest in North America put new pressure on organizations, the urgency to respond to calls for diversity equity, inclusion and belonging was real. “Someday” can no longer be the answer for addressing inequality.
Seventy-one per cent of organizations aspire to have an inclusive culture but only 12% achieve it, according to a 2017 Deloitte study. The blind spot of many leaders to discriminatory practices within their organizations, conscious or unconscious, is troubling. Many leaders would characterize their organization as non-discriminatory, without realizing that discrimination is built into their leadership structure or system of hiring and promoting leaders.
Jennifer Lynn, Program Director for the B.O.L.D. Program say leaders should, “boldly seize moments for critical conversations, critical thinking, critical action, critical impact”. Conversations around creating a culture of inclusivity can be difficult. B.O.L.D. creates a safe space for open dialogue that enables reciprocal empowerment.
“Accelerating high performing, high-potential BIPOC leaders on a career trajectory to the top tier is imperative. The talent exists to populate robust pipelines. Diverse leaders see themselves and are recognized as agents of change. They are a vital catalyst for deep integration of leadership diversity and inclusion,” says Lynn.
B.O.L.D. offers a virtual classroom, comprising six half-day leadership coaching modules, three peer-group facilitated coaching sessions, and three one-on-one coaching sessions. Themes of the learning include:
- Inclusive Leadership Resurgence & Effective Communications – Across Cultures & Beyond Borders
- Strategic Influence & Collaborative Negotiation – Across Diverse Teams
- Personal Leadership Brand Management & Mastery
- Break through communications barriers, gain trust and build consensus
- Lead with greater confidence, command conversations, change mindsets
- Leverage critical thinking, IQ and EQ, that help flex leadership styles
- Power up your diverse leadership value proposition and unique individual brand
- Expand influential relationships and diverse professional networks
More than ever before, the time is ripe for real change to take deep root, for a new Inclusive Paradigm of Leadership Diversity to thrive.
Broadening Opportunity through Leadership Diversity & Inclusion (B.O.L.D.) starts this April and consists of 12 integrated learning session over six months. For more information and to register, visit the program web page.