Disrupted and disturbed…. Whether you are standing up stream of your mining supply chain or downstream, what was in place and working is no longer reliable.
The stakeholders, the interfaces, the outcomes, as well as the plans, systems and practices have all gone through a major upheaval.
Managing an Agile Mining Supply Chain in Challenging Times is a three-hour online session on Feb. 17, 2021, organized by Schulich Executive Education Centre (SEEC), Global Mining Academy and MineAfrica. It features seasoned industry experts who will provide participants with tools and takeaways to help you identify solutions tailored to the specificities of your own organizations, regardless of size and level of activity.
As an active manager in the mining supply chain, you have been suddenly thrust into “outer space” where the future is unquantifiable and seemingly like trying to grasp at holograms.
To help navigate through the meanders of these newly created mining ecosystems, these industry leaders will interactively share real-life experiences and insights from their own on-the-ground issues. Our expert speakers include:
- Michelle Ash, Chief Executive Officer, GÉOVIA Dassault Systèmes
- Olivier Dubuis, Vice President Alliance & Development, ADEN Group & Chief Executive Officer, Aden Remote Site
- Siri C. Genik, Principal and Founder, BRIDGE©
- Stephen Grocott, CEO, Pure Minerals
- Sam Houston, Vice President Engineering and Capital Projects, Eldorado Gold Corporation
- Boris Kamstra, Executive Director Alphamin Resources
- Mark Scherer, Head of Procurement, Baffinland Iron Mines
- Roger Spitz, President, Techistential & Founding Chairman, Disruptive Futures Institute
- Eira Thomas, President and Chief Executive Officer, Lucara Diamond Corp.
What you will learn
- Learn how to Futureproof your business by creating agile systems that respond quickly to changes
- Understand what it takes to be agile and resilient: De-risk the supply chain process and understand the interfaces
- Understand the Value Chain, not just the Supply chain of your organisation
- Define the Supply Chain Ecosystem for your mining organisation
- Build better control into the process by proper integration of technology, innovation and culture
Who Should Attend
- Procurement professionals within mining and mineral industry
- Suppliers and service providers to the mining industries
- Managers and senior professionals of the mineral industry who wish to acquire in-depth understanding of the latest supply chain developments and trends
- Procurement professionals (managerial level) within engineering and construction companies
- IR professionals
- HR/Talent professionals in the mining business
Participants receive a certificate from Schulich Executive Education Centre and MineAfrica. The course may be eligible for Continuing Education requirements for certain designations.
Course registration is $200. Click here to see the full program and online registration details.