UPDATE September 23, 2020
- Niagara University joins University Executive Education Network, now offering the winter session of the Masters Certificate in Project Management (starting January 21, 2021) to participants in Western New York.
- Memorial University of Newfoundland on enrolling six participants in the upcoming session of the Masters Certificate in Organization Development and Change (Starts October 5, 2020)
- Mount Royal University on their first enrolment to the Masters Certificate in Lean Six Sigma – Black Belt stackable certificates!
As a globally top-ranked provider of executive education in Canada, SEEC has always responded to the ongoing demand for professional development with a commitment to develop and provide convenient, world-class programs that strengthen business knowledge, enhance leadership capabilities and address skill gaps.
Over the years, these award-winning management programs have been shared with other Canadian learning institutions. This has allowed business schools from across the country to boost local resources for executive learning without reinventing the wheel. From coast to coast, the number of partners kept growing, resulting in the formation of the national University Executive Education Network, comprised of some of Canada’s top post-secondary institutions:
- University of Victoria (Gustavson School of Business)
- Mount Royal University (Continuing Education)
- University of Saskatchewan (Edwards School of Business)
- University of Winnipeg (Professional, Applied and Continuing Education)
- York University (Schulich Executive Education Centre)
- Carleton University (Sprott School of Business)
- Saint Mary’s University (Sobey School of Business)
- Memorial University (Gardiner Centre)
The hasty transition to virtual classroom format learning caused by the pandemic has resulted in a unique opportunity for UEEN partner schools: the ability to offer local learners the chance to attend programs which are being offered simultaneously across Canada by other Network schools. These “piggybacked” programs offer participants some rich additional benefits:
- Interaction and network building with career-oriented leaders from different regions in Canada
- Exposure to a diversity of perspectives and experiences associated with regional regulatory, political and geographic differences
- Prestige associated with participating in a world-class executive education program from Canada’s best business schools
Anyone wondering about the effectiveness of online learning in the virtual classroom in general should note that according to the latest student testimonials collected since the pandemic began, virtual classroom delivery is as rewarding and beneficial as the in-class experience (read more about it here). Students benefit from all the secure video learning platform has to offer: multi-modal presentation of material, engaging activities, and interactive exchanges and breakout discussions with the instructors and fellow participants.
While some shorter-session programs are scheduled to run simultaneously across Canada, most of the Masters Certificate programs on offer will have two different sessions to choose from. To accommodate their length and structure, they will be run at both East and West coast-friendly times. Students can register through their university of preference to attend at the most convenient time and have their Certificate of Completion awarded by that institution.
By providing high-quality executive education programs to Canadians regardless of where they live, UEEN member schools are fulfilling their mission to provide career-minded business people with fast-tracked, intensive learning experiences which upgrade their knowledge in specialized fields without a major interruption to their business schedule.