Learn a systematic approach to achieving Open Government and implementing new transparency measures in your department.
Study the issues behind “Open Data”, and apply a systematic approach to evaluate your current policies, and implement new transparency measures in a timely and comprehensive fashion.
Presented in association with Institute of Public Administration of Canada (IPAC)
What you will learn
Study all the key issues surrounding Open Data, Transparency Reporting and develop an Open Government strategy that works for your department.
- Understand best practices in open government, open information sharing and citizen input
- Clarify what data should be made available and what data needs to be protected
- Learn the steps to lead a successful open government project from start-to- finish
- Learn cutting-edge practices in open government and evaluate mistakes being made by others
- Effectively manage citizens ‘demands’ for access to information
- Employ Communication strategies to keep your department at the forefront of transparency reporting
- Develop political and strategic acumen to navigate with stakeholders
- Get an introduction to top trends in open government, including civic tech, procurement reform, agile development, user-centred design, Artificial Intelligence and many more.