Learn how to put your best self forward and get the recognition you deserve.
Developing the right skills early on can transform the prospects of a young professional. This online communication certificate course offers you a rare opportunity to acquire the highly effective interpersonal and business communication skills that can help take your career to the next level.
You will learn, practice and perfect modern techniques to effectively inspire others and distinguish yourself in diverse professional scenarios. The result will not only be an order of magnitude improvement in your ability to get your message across and get noticed, but a substantial and permanent increase in confidence as well.
Join us in this comfortable, safe and supportive online learning environment!
Our e+ programs deliver the comprehensive core material you need to quickly master the topic at hand, and give you the flexibility to learn at your own pace from the convenience of home or office, at times that suit you. They also allow you to learn and work collaboratively with your peers and instructors through guided and free form discussions and interchanges. The continuous instructor interaction and peer networking bring an added dimension to our e+ programs by enriching your experience in the same ways our in-class programs do.
- Communicate effectively and constructively in difficult encounters
- Assess your professional strengths and opportunities when communicating inthe- moment
- Manage yourself professionally in challenging situations
- Apply Emotional Intelligence (EQ) techniques in a variety of real-world situations
- Improve your communication skills to develop your diplomacy
- Integrate impactful nonverbal and verbal delivery behaviors with your in-the-moment communication
- Manage stress in difficult impromptu interactions and diffuse conflict
- Organize and frame your responses for effective conversations
- Learn and practice resiliency to enhance relationships and build trust
- Develop behaviors that convey your Professionalism
As a part of this program, you will receive a copy of instructor Diana Kawarsky’s new eBook, The Soft Cs. This book is full of examples, strategies and insights that support your learning and offer you real-life perspectives to take back with you on-the-job.
Unique Course Features
- Self-assessment(s) for insight into individual behaviour and how you work with others
- Interactive online activities to engage participants in demonstrating skills
- Real world situations: instructional variety to fit your individual goals and skills
- Audiovisual resources to reinforce learning in an impactful manner
- Worksheets and exercises to enhance participation and learning
- Create your own job aid to recall and apply key learning points back in your workplace
- Create a new/improved LinkedIn Profile connecting your credibility to your potential
- Program is fully accessible with complete AODA and WCAG compliance.
Who Should Attend
This program was developed for early career professionals who want to supplement their education or add to their overall employability. It is also ideal for high potential working professionals looking to enhance their ability to communicate strong and impactful messages and enhance their professionalism and leadership style, such as:
- Recent graduates who are seeking employment
- New hires looking to differentiate themselves form their peers to succeed
- Entrepreneurs developing themselves and their businesses
- High-potential supervisors & managers
- Office managers & supervisors
- New leaders in any industry
- 5 online modules over 5 weeks
- Access through a convenient centralized learning management portal
- Your learning management portal account will be active for an additional 12 weeks after the course ends
- 2-4 hours per week recdommended (online eLearning modules are released approximately weekly)
A current email account, use of a computer and internet access in a modern browser, Adobe Reader for PDF Documents