The rules of negotiation have changed in the digital age. Are you prepared?
Like it or not, negotiation is an integral part of business and negotiation skills training is essential for both professional and personal advancement. In this era of globalization, more and more business is being conducted virtually through digital communications. The environment and context within which many negotiations take place has changed dramatically. This online negotiation certificate program starts with the core principles of successful negotiation and reinterprets them through a digital lens for maximum effectiveness in digital channels. Delivered in five online modules over five weeks, participants will learn digitally mediated negotiation and influence techniques, and then practise and perfect them during online, face-to-face simulations which closely correspond to real-life business environments.
What You Will Learn
- Basic principles of negotiation
- Differences between face to face and virtual negotiation
- Best practices for written, voice or video negotiation interactions
- How to optimize outcome in a virtual negotiation
- Tools available to make a virtual negotiation impactful
- Building relationship and rapport with individuals globally
- Understanding the cultural differences in negotiation
- Your negotiation style in different situations
- Higher awareness of self and others’ decision-making style
- How to reach mutually beneficial agreements
Who Should Attend
Digital negotiation is an essential skill for anyone at any level in the digital era. This course to improve negotiation skills will benefit those who are interested in optimizing their ability to negotiate, influence and persuade in virtual environments (including online meetings, emails and phone calls). It is perfect for:
- General and division managers, business officers and directors
- Training, HR and industrial relations specialists
- Sales, marketing and account managers
- Project managers and team leaders
- Branch, regional, national, international, and public sector managers
- Business development managers, business analysts and other specialists
- 5 online modules over 5 weeks
- Access through a convenient centralized learning management portal
- Your learning management portal account will be active for an additional 12 weeks after the course ends
- Recommended: 2-4 hours per week (online eLearning modules are released approximately weekly)
- A current email account
- Use of a computer and internet access in a modern browser
- Adobe Reader for PDF documents
Our new e+ Programs feature the convenience of online learning with the added benefits of the in-class experience
Our e+ programs deliver the comprehensive core material you need to quickly master the topic at hand, and give you the flexibility to learn at your own pace from the convenience of home or office, at times that suit you.
They also allow you to learn and work collaboratively with your peers and instructors through guided and free form discussions and interchanges. The continuous instructor interaction and peer networking bring an added dimension to our e+ programs by enriching your experience in the same ways our in-class programs do.