A majority of mining projects miss their original budget, schedule or operational requirements leading to significant attrition of shareholder value because of a decline in the use of project management practices. Project development activities are now picking up after years of restructuring, reorganizing and cost-cutting but many mining companies have been left without the capabilities to execute on their projects due to the absence of experienced project management teams.
The ability to finish projects on-time and on-budget has never been more critical. This program will provide participants with the ideal overview of what’s required to achieve this goal. The course follows an integrated PM approach based on risk-mitigated project execution strategies and a comprehensive understanding of industry dynamics. Participants will become familiar with the changes that are challenging the way projects are managed, including those in the areas of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), permitting, Social License to Operate (SLO), regulations and environmental concerns.
- Hone your strategic foresight abilities
- Understand what the mine of the future will look like
- Study the decision-making processes around mining projects
- Refine your project management skills and learn to manage change throughout the project lifecycle
- Develop sound financial acumen
- Learn to use risk management and analysis tools
- Discover how current trends are shaping project management in the future
Who Should Attend
- Senior executives with business planning or project development responsibilities
- Technology or research managers
- Engineering and technical professionals
- New project managers/coordinators
- Corporate department or functional heads
- Employees of regulatory bodies
- Systems, digital mining and operational team members
Project Management Viewed Through a Unique Lens
This course encompasses the traditional technical aspects of project management as well as change management, strategy, stakeholder engagement and risk analysis.