Module 1: Digital Transformation and the Tools of Disruption (Sessions 1 & 2)
- Understand how disruptive innovation occurs by applying new tools to either low-end offerings or new markets.
- Overview of key digital technologies and concepts such as AI, IoT, robotics, blockchain, 3D printing, AR/VR, cybersecurity, and more.
- Analyze the economic implications of disruption to identify the value of digital tools through their inputs, outputs, and compliments.
- Review historical and modern cases of digital transformation projects to learn from others’ successes and failures.
Module 2: Opportunities and Threats in a Digital World (Sessions 3 & 4)
- Source new opportunities for digital transformation projects through inspiration from customers, internal operations, competitors, and new tech.
- Identify different sources of competition through the digital matrix and learn how to consider each within your strategy. Explore key considerations of different sectors (finance, health, comms, manufacturing, government, etc.) and how these affect digital projects.
Module 3: Assembling and Implementing a Digital Strategy (Sessions 5 & 6)
- Understand the complexity of building a digital “strategy of strategies.”
- Work through a detailed framework for identifying strategic goals, metrics, technology requirements and stakeholder considerations.
- Build a comprehensive strategic roadmap with key milestones to form the beginnings of an implementable plan for digital transformation.
Module 4: Managing an Organization through Digital Change Project: Coaching your Digital Strategy (Sessions 7 & 8)
- Review of organizational implications for disruptive innovation through the lens of historical examples to highlight key pitfalls.
- Work through an 8-step change management framework to ensure transformation projects respect an organization and execute successfully.
- Discuss the societal and ethical implications of digital transformation projects and how to ensure that your disruption respects the humanity of key stakeholders.
Project: Coaching Your Digital Strategy
Develop a high-level strategy and implementation plan around a potentially transformative project within your organization:
- Integrate program learnings to assemble a digital strategy and plan that includes opportunity, competitive, technology, stakeholder, and risk factors.
- Prepare this strategy into a concise presentation and meet with the program instructor to practice pitching the project and receive coaching.
- Refine your proposal and leverage it within your organization to encourage action on a new transformative project.