Overview of Leadership in 2017
- Definition of a leader
- How a leader is different than a boss or manager
- What are the critical competencies, skills and abilities/attitudes needed for the future successes?
- What are the characteristics and behaviours of effective leaders?
History of Women in Leadership
- Review of the past and present
- Future predictions
- Why more women leaders are critical for organization’s success
Identifying your temperament and preferences
- Your Myers Briggs Type Indicator® report & feedback
- How to gain a deeper understanding or yourself and how you interact with others
- How this awareness can help you as a leader
Identifying your own leadership style
- Your comprehensive MBTI self-assessment and feedback
- How others perceive you in the workplace
- Effective strategies to improve your performance and other’s perceptions
SWOT analysis of your own abilities or that of your organization
- What are the strengths and opportunities you can leverage?
- What are the obstacles and threats you have to mitigate?
- How to create work environments that empower more women into leadership positions
Sharing of stories from successful women leaders in the C-suite
- What can we learn from Sheryl Sandberg and Kirstine Stewart?
- What worked for current women CEO’s & C-suite leaders in the public and private sectors?
- What can we learn from each other?
Effective Strategies for now and in the future
- Recognizing the importance of networking and how to set up a network for yourself
- Coaching and Mentoring – how can they help?
- Other successful strategies to get ahead and how to put them in place
Using the GROW tool to plan your career
- Development of individual or organizational level action plans for immediate implementation
- How to keep the momentum going “together” with follow-up in 3 days. 3 weeks and 3 months