- The opening online module will concentrate on understanding foundation digital disruption concepts through videos and readings. Participants will be asked to prepare a preliminary assessment of their disruption strategy.
Strategies for Managing Disruptive Digital Change
Powered by digital technologies, new start-ups and established organizations are rapidly creating innovative business opportunities and are challenging traditional business models.
Canadian businesses compete with each other locally, but the true threat comes from competitors that create global impact using digital, disruptive technologies: Uber threatens local taxi firms; Netflix challenges Canadian cable companies; and Canadian banks now see Apple as a non-traditional financial service rival.
Featuring a unique Canadian focus, this digital strategy course takes a holistic view incorporating strategy, technology and organizational change to equip executives and directors with a local/global perspective on how to prepare for disruption. Participants will learn how to develop defensive strategies against digital technology threats, and by the end of the program will be ready to create and implement their own innovative and competitive disruptive strategy. In short, your disruptive strategy should anticipate competitors’ digital strategies and your strategy should plan to take advantage of current and near-term anticipated digital technologies.
Blended Learning Online + In-Class
Opening Online Module (10 hours)
The opening online module will concentrate on understanding foundation digital disruption concepts, through videos and readings. Participants will be asked to prepare a preliminary assessment of their disruption strategy.
Three Days In Class
Three classroom days will focus on explaining and applying the learning concepts, through lectures, discussions and case examples. Participants will be required to complete a draft disruption strategy by the end of day three.
Closing Online module (10 hours)
The closing online module will require participants to finalize their individual strategy (Action Learning Proposal), with guidance from the program facilitators.
What You Will Learn
- Identify disruptive threats to your business
- Pinpoint disruptive opportunities for new or augmented businesses
- Prepare a disruptive strategy roadmap that creates value and blunts the competition
- Coach and prepare the organization (culture, process, structure) for disruptive change
- Mentor and prepare individuals, managers, executives, and themselves for disruptive change
- Understand how digital technologies enable disruptive change
- Know which technologies, such as AI, Internet of Things, Blockchain, etc., will impact your business from a managerial perspective, and where to rely on future impact potential
- Senior executives responsible for defining organization digital strategies
- Senior managers/directors who must implement digital strategies, including organizational change and technology implementation
- Senior advisers (consultants, legal advisers, strategists) who guide organizations in the development and implementation of disruptive strategies
- Individual entrepreneurs and start-up organizations who are establishing new disruptive business ventures
Includes a Custom Action Learning Proposal
Participants will learn what is required to prepare a disruptive strategy roadmap that creates value and blunts the competition.
This will be accomplished in part through a custom Action Learning Proposal that addresses a strategic disruption issue in their organization, or potentially provides a plan for a disruptive business start-up. SEEC Faculty members will provide coaching and mentorship to participants on their ALP.
Your disruptive strategy should rely on current digital technologies (such as mobile and cloud technologies) and anticipate near-term enhanced technologies (such as location sensing) and or new concept technologies (such as Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain) with the potential to disrupt your industry.
This Reach Series program provides an executive learning experience that is unmatched in Canada. Designed exclusively for senior business leaders, all Reach Series courses deliver a combination of cutting-edge business theory along with highly relevant case studies and techniques for practical application.
A guide to what you need to participate in e+ programsView Technical Requirements
Additional delivery options
Adapt this program to your organization with these additional delivery options.
This program has been approved for CDP hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA). Be sure to note the program ID number on your CPD log. For more information about certification or continuing professional development, visit the HRPA website at www.hrpa.ca/hrdesignations_/Pages/Continuing-Professional-Development.aspx