Changes to collective agreements, labour laws, human rights codes, grievance and disciplinary procedures makes managing in a unionized environment challenging when it comes to maintaining a cohesive, trusting and motivated workforce.
This popular program takes the guesswork out of managing unionized employee groups. The skills-laden course is team-taught by a top labour relations expert and a world-class authority on leadership. Gain both legal and leadership perspectives. The program covers leadership, employment-related laws and proven ways to achieve a progressive work environment. Hundreds of public- and private-sector organizational leaders have benefited from this program.
DON’T MISS OUT, ENROL TODAY! REGISTRATION CLOSES ON NOV. 6.
Who Should Attend
- Managers new to a unionized work environment
- Front-line supervisors responsible for creating positive working relationships with unionized workers
- Managers and Directors of public sector departments, municipalities, educational institutions, unionized agencies and healthcare organizations
- HR supervisors and labour relations leaders overseeing skilled trades professionals
What You Will Learn
- Create effective management-union relationships despite perceptions and competing interests
- Understand and manage the collective agreement within the guidelines of key legislative bodies
- Deal effectively with disgruntled and challenging employees
- Learn to leverage your communication skills to build trust and commitment
- Know when and how to provide constructive feedback that is different from discipline
- Know how to conduct a disciplinary interview without damaging relationships
- Provide the leadership skills that create a “can-do” environment
- Know when and how to engage employees to encourage ownership and accountability
- Set proper expectations to produce superior outcomes
- Learn to coach employees to produce reduced supervision
Additional Course Materials
- A pragmatic workbook with over a dozen forms you can use to set-up a formal performance improvement program with unionized staff
- A bonus copy of Cy Charney’s bestselling book Just-in- Time Management