Data, Technology and Analytics
How can mining industry executives and professionals create business intelligence from data? Discussion of the terminology, tools and usefulness of analytics. The different applications of data analytics.
- Understand when and how data analytics can be useful in the context of the limitations of statistical analysis
- Appreciate the link between various technologies such as AI and the IoT and data analytics
Leading with Analytics
How can leaders use data analytics in mining? Exploration of the tools and frameworks that support the interpretation of data and their use as part of sound decision making processes. Identification of business problems with data analytics applications. Assessment of applicability and opportunities in your own organization.
- Understand how data analytics can be applied to mining business problems
- Learn to identify the best approach to data-analytics for your organization · Leverage your business expertise paired with data analytics to maximize your impact
- Understand the key message of the data
- Learn to use data to create insights and business intelligence
Communicating Data in Mining
Participants learn about communication strategies and how to present their data-base business solutions to various stakeholders. Application of learnings to a business simulation and presentation to a panel of industry experts from companies such as Yamana Gold, Anaconda Mining, Torex Gold Resources and others.
- Understand the key elements of a compelling presentation
- Appreciate what executives and other decision makers are really looking for
- Get feedback from a panel of mining industry experts